Happy Monday, all!
I hope that everyone was able to have an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday with both family and friends and that the cravings of cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, turkey, and mashed potatoes were satisfied to the max.
I don’t know about you; however, it is quite near impossible for me to believe that it is the second day of the last month of 2019!
Like seriously, though. Where in the name of Mike has the time gone this year?!
It is absolutely insane to think that we will be celebrating one of the biggest holidays in just a few weeks and shortly after that welcoming in 2020.
And speaking of the new year, that brings me to this week’s post.
The new year always brings about the entity that we call “resolutions.” It always seems to be the standard when we begin “anew” and try to welcome in a brand new year with the idea of wanting to improve both ourselves and our lives.
In fact, when you Google the term “New Year’s Resolution” (or at least when I Googled it tonight), I got the below definition:
-A person who vows to change an undesired trait or behavior, to accomplish a personal goal or otherwise improve their life.
And this year, I’m getting all my ducks in a row with my resolutions way before 2020 shows its face.
Want the full debrief? Well, read on!
Here are just a few of my personal 2020 resolutions that will help to re-discover Mr. Sunshine!
1. De-activate social media–This is one that I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time; however, I’ve never fully followed through with it. This will occur shortly after the beginning of the year for at least a 3-6 month period. I often find this form of media distracting to me along with being a breeding ground for feelings of jealousy and quite frankly, I don’t need that crap surrounding me and in order to move on and learn more about myself, I need to get rid of the distraction. I’ll be back at some point in 2020…just not sure when.
2. Hit desired weight–The removal of social media from my life will help me to really focus on this goal for myself. Fitness is something that has become a staple and passion of mine for the past couple of years and 2020 will be the year to finally hit my desired weight with my fitness goal. So, when I return to social media, you might not even recognize Mr. Sunshine. Say what?!
3. Try a vegan diet for at least 30 days–This is definitely something that will prove to be a challenge for me, especially because I’m a huge fan of every food that is bad for me. A huge thank you to my friend, Taylor who has given me a full guide on brands and items that I can find in local grocery stores to assist with this personal challenge for myself.
4. Work on tithing–Personally, this is not something that I’ve ever been good at, so 2020 is the year to finally hold myself accountable.
5. Organize the entire house and minimalize–It’s time for me to officially Marie Kondo my entire house…room by room…inch by inch. Quite the task and while I’m sure it will take several months, I’m excited for the potential positive energy that will result from finally making it happen.
6. Get a tatoo–Ever since turning 32, this was something that I’ve had on my mind. As I work to re-discover Mr. Sunshine and really define my core values and passions, a symbol of what that means for me is something that I would like to get on my body. Suggestions of where to get this accomplished once I make that decision are certainly welcome!
7. Mr. Sunshine surprise #1–You didn’t think I would leave you hanging without a surprise reveal in the new year did you?! The first one will come shortly after the year (as long as everything works out with it), so stay tuned and keep an eye out for more details!
8. Mr. Sunshine surprise #2–That’s right…not one, but two! While details of this one are also still in the making, it is something that my heart is incredibly excited and while thinking about how to change the world in 2020, it was something that just fell into my lap. So, that also means stay tuned for more details!
Well, there you have it.
The 2020 year for Mr. Sunshine in a nutshell.
Well a couple of nutshells.
A year of excitement, mystery, re-discovering, re-imagining, evolving, and surprises!
2019 has been an incredible year…but it’s time for me to refocus on myself for a bit of time before I work to continue on changing the world just a wee little bit at a time.
So, stay alert and on guard because the re-discovery of Mr. Sunshine takes full swing in just a few, short weeks!
Sprinkle sunshine always,