It is currently Sunday morning around 11am and I’m sitting in a comfy recliner at my parents’ house with the windows open and the feeling of the fresh, cool breeze flowing over my body as I sip the coffee from the McDonald’s drive-thru I had purchased prior to our 10am church service.
It felt weird because the night before would’ve been our annual church community picnic, which has been one of my favorite Summer traditions for more than a decade. So, the dipping of ice cream, indulging in home-made baked goods, eating multiple hot dogs and hamburgers, relishing in the classic music from The Malta Band, and enjoying the fellowship of community as we reminisce about Summer memories past, present, and future will just have to wait until next year.
Or, so we can hope.
And while this is one thing that made me very sad, there are multiple entities happening in my life that I’m super excited about and can’t wait to share with you all! But some of those will have to wait.
Anyhoo, I digress.
There are days where it is really hard to stay positive, especially with all the negativity, hatred, violence, and everything in between that brings about clouds of darkness to our lives that loom over our head.
So, this week I promise you some fun, smiles, and positive energy!
This is my 93rd blog post since I started this endeavor two years ago and I’m currently in my last two weeks of being 32. So, take 93 minus 32 and you get 61…which means…
…This week is going to be 61 random, run facts about myself that you may or may not already know!
Are you ready?!
Buckle up, keep your arms and legs in the car at all times, and prepare for some rapid fire fun fact bullet points!
61 of them to be exact!
HERE. WE. GO.
- I have 35 pairs of shoes that does not include flip flops or slippers.
- During quarantine, I continue to put foundation on my face and non workout clothes even though I’m working from home.
- My favorite childhood game was Candy Land. I own it now as an adult and my favorite character is still Queen Frostine.
- I prefer Dairy Queen ice cream cakes over any other type of ice cream cake because there is fudge in the middle with the cookie crumble.
- My favorite episode of I Love Lucy is “Lucy Does a TV Commercial” with her crazy antics trying out Vitameatavegamin as a medicine. “Are you unpoopular? Do you pop out at parties?” Classic.
- Breakfast is a meal that is a struggle for me to eat everyday, but I love breakfast foods for lunch and dinner.
- I get a kick out of watching TV news bloopers on YouTube if I need something random to laugh at and de-stress.
- I had a car accident at age 16 right after getting my license because I thought the intersection had a four way stop.
- My favorite episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show is “Chuckles Bites The Dust” and even though it is from the 70’s, it still cracks me up to tears. It is brilliant acting at its best.
- I love Mayo so much that sometimes I will just spread it on bread and eat it.
- Dusting is a chore that I find frustrating because it gets dirty seconds after you do it. LITERALLY SECONDS.
- I love washing dishes by hand. I find it therapeutic.
- I don’t like sleeping in sheets…or in my bed. I like the couch.
- My favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz.
- The aisles that give me the most anxiety at the grocery store are the toothpaste and cereal aisle because there are too many choices.
- I’ve been involved with 27 different productions both on and off the stage at The Ephrata Performing Arts Center. I can’t pick a favorite because all of them have a special place in my heart for specific reasons.
- My favorite game show is Wheel of Fortune and I have submitted multiple applications to be a contestant. Still waiting for my big break.
- My favorite hymn to sing in church is “How Great Thou Art.”
- Katy Perry’s “Firework” is still my favorite song. I love singing to it and dancing to it. It can always bring me out of a funk.
- My favorite White Claw and Truly flavor is black cherry.
- Speaking of cherries, I do not like them, so I never want them on top of my sundaes.
- I like to have spoonfuls of Cool Whip some nights without any ice cream.
- My favorite Bath & Body Works scent in a candle, a lotion, and a wallflower is Sweater Weather.
- I prefer Wawa hot coffee over Sheetz hot coffee.
- I prefer Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee over any other kind of iced coffee.
- My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper and I currently have an unopened 12 pack in my kitchen.
- I do not like thunderstorms. They terrify me.
- I do not have a green thumb…like, at all. But I will water your flowers if needed.
- I have watched The Golden Girls so many times, but I never get sick of them. They make me laugh uncontrollably. I’m also Rose to a T.
- My favorite roller coaster at HersheyPark is The Great Bear.
- One of my favorite meals to eat is meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
- Growing up, I used to get Barney the Dinosaur on my birthday cakes.
- I can’t wait for the new Katy Perry album to be released on August 28th.
- I can’t wait for Carrie Underwood’s FIRST EVER Christmas album on September 25th.
- Betty White is one of my role models to continue being an eternal optimist.
- My favorite school subject growing up was English.
- My least favorite school subject growing up was a tie between math and science.
- I want to play in the pit for a musical at a theater some day since I still have not yet done that.
- One of my favorite spots to run is the Warwick Middle School because it is peaceful, has hurdles that I can put out to jump, and pretty sunsets that I can witness during the evening.
- When I make macaroni and cheese, I want it made with a cheese sauce as opposed to a cheese powder.
- One of my favorite songs to play on the piano is “Never Enough” from The Greatest Showman.
- My favorite candy to eat is Sour Patch Kids.
- I love legs and want legs like Carrie Underwood. #carrielegs
- I shave my legs during the Summer months.
- I drink about a gallon of chocolate milk every week.
- I like sweet wine, not dry.
- I still write paper checks for my mortgage on a monthly basis.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is Black Raspberry.
- My dream job is being a game show or talk show host or sitcom star.
- I’m terrified of alligators/crocodiles.
- When I started training with my personal trainer, Zach back in 2017, I weighed 135 lbs and 3 years later, I weigh 158lbs.
- My favorite Disney princesses are a tie between Belle, Rapunzel, and Mulan.
- I keep an old-fashioned planner where I write everything down and color code every single thing.
- One of my favorite acceptance speeches is Sandra Bullock’s 2010 Best Actress at The Oscars.
- I have to start everyday with shaving my face; otherwise, my day ends up being out of whack.
- I don’t like riding in elevators, flying in planes, or being in a Ferris wheel.
- I really miss Push Up pops. They were one of my favorite ice cream treats growing up as a kid. The packaging always had one of the characters from The Flintstones on it. Does anyone else remember these?
- One of my favorite traditions at Christmas is to watch the Christmas episode of Alf on VHS. My parents have it taped from years ago and it still is one to this day that warms my heart and even makes me cry.
- My favorite game on The Price is Right is Plinko.
- My favorite flavor of Pop Tarts is blueberry.
…last but not least…
…It is time for number 61!
61. 2021 is gearing up to be my BIGGEST year for efforts to change the world and I CAN’T WAIT to share it with you all.
Well, folks. There you have it.
61 rapid fire fun fact bullet points about me.
Hope you enjoyed this 93rd blog post as I get set to enjoy the last two weeks of being a 32 year-old.
Until next week, be kind to all.
Sprinkle sunshine always,