Happy Monday, folks!
We have officially made it through the first month of 2022!
And it is officially the last day of January, and this is officially blog post number 154!
Are you ready?
Do you have your Monday morning beverage in your hand ready to sip? Or I guess it could be an afternoon or evening beverage too…I’m all-inclusive and do not exclude or discriminate!
But before I get on with this week’s post, I must say something quickly.
Yesterday, I was completely and totally awestruck and surprised when I walked into the church sanctuary (after our service was and a meeting with Pastor Angie was over), to find my family, my best friends, and the best support system waiting in the pews for my arrival. I had no idea what was happening and was serenaded to the words of “Happy Birthday” which was even more confusing. Regardless, I started to cry when Rebecca Stanion and Sheryl Holland of The Conner M. Holland Foundation proceeded to share some words about the support that Miles 4 Smiles was able to give to several different families in 2021. It was a beautiful moment–something completely unexpected that caught me so off guard. I cried a lot of tears. It was just so special. And proved to me once again that I’m very blessed and lucky to have the best people in my life supporting the antics of Mr. Sunshine because we all know I’m crazy with the ways of how I like to change the world.
So…that means…stay tuned.
Let’s get down to business, shall we?
The definition of the word hodge podge is listed as “a confused mixture.”
While I don’t necessarily feel like “confused mixture” fits well with the aim of my blog post this week, I decided to look up the definition of grab bag instead.
The definition of grab bag is described as “a container from which a person chooses a wrapped item at random, without knowing its contents.”
So, I don’t believe that my blog post will be confusing, so I’ve decided to take both of these definitions to come up with a post that is a mixture of fun facts to close out and celebrate this first month of 2022. Because we all need a hodge podge grab bag of fun these days!
- I have watched Disney’s Encanto three times in the past week and will probably watch one more time this evening after I’m done writing this blog. (It is currently Sunday evening at 8pm).
- I have taken a total of 3 Covid tests since returning home from Vegas and all of them have been negative.
- I have had to give my body some rest from personal training several weeks this month because I’ve been battling some type of sickness and just overall have been experiencing drained tiredness from work.
- I’m currently really enjoying Bud Light Seltzer sodas that I recently just discovered at the bottle shop. My favorite flavor is the orange.
- Speaking of orange, I’m currently on a kick with drinking those cute, mini soda cans of Sunkist orange. I must always have cans of them in the fridge or it feels like the end of the world.
- I was so thirsty this past Saturday morning when I woke up that I drank the orange juice direct from the bottle instead of putting it in a glass.
- I feel like a true adult when I walk around Sunshine Cottage in my bathrobe and pajamas during the evening hours.
- With being sick, I have found that I blow my nose ALL THE TIME. And with that, I have to say that I’ve enjoyed blowing my nose into a paper towel because there is more room for all of that glorious stuff coming out of the nostrils. Sorry not sorry. Don’t judge me.
- I used an airplane bathroom for the first time during the flight home from Las Vegas.
- I’m currently trying to sell some furniture from Sunshine Cottage to make room for new furniture and I still haven’t found any buyers. It is making me anxious, so if you know anyone or want to know what I’m selling, message me. PLEASE. Kthanks.
- My first chance at house/concession managing at EPAC with my partner-in-crime, Jamie takes place this coming Saturday, February 5th and I’m so excited!
- I made chocolate pudding the other night and put whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles on top and I felt like a little kid again and loved every single bite.
- I shop at Weis Markets (usually the one in Lititz before family dinner on Tuesday nights) and I still struggle every week to remember which aisle houses the soup.
- Speaking of soup, I’m on a corn chowder kick currently.
- Shoveling snow is just as annoying of a chore to me that dusting is.
- I have to sleep in shorts because I like to feel cold, so that I can “cuddle grip” the blanket even tighter.
- For the first time since moving to Lancaster in 2016, I finally started using an industrial, commercial-grade blender that I won at work to make my protein shakes.
- Speaking of protein, it is something that I still struggle to enjoy the taste of…even when it is mixed in with milk, yogurt, and peanut butter. Any suggestions? Send them my way.
- I have yawned a total of 25 times in the past 15 minutes. Yes, I am counting.
- I think David Muir (news anchor for ABC News) is super handsome.
- The five songs that I currently have playing on repeat in my car rides to anywhere are the following:
- Katy Perry’s “Firework”
- Martina McBride’s “This Ones For The Girls”
- “Surface Pressure” from Encanto
- “This Is Me” from The Greatest Showman
- Elle King’s “America’s Sweetheart”
- Before the end of this year, I would really like to get a tattoo, which was originally a 2020 goal before COVID happened.
- As a single man, I don’t have a whole lot of money saved and work very hard for the money I earn to make monthly payments on my life bills. That means, I’m very content with what I have and do not like spending money on lavish things.
- I don’t know what it is, but I enjoy Sprite soda so much more from a fountain than I do a can or bottle. Call me crazy, but I tell you–there is a clear difference!
- I’m currently using Kleenex Charmin toilet paper at my house and I don’t like it. Any suggestions? I’m all ears. I certainly don’t feel as happy as the singing bears in the commercials that’s for sure.
- During the Winter season, I keep the heat at Sunshine Cottage at 63 degrees. But don’t worry, I have plenty of blankets to keep you warm for your visit!
- I literally can’t do anything until I shave my face every morning. I’m so routine oriented that I just can’t get on with my day until I put that shaving cream on the whiskers to shave them off!
- James O’Halloran is my favorite male model on The Price Is Right. I also LOVE that they have male models.
- I’m OBSESSED with the Supermarket Sweep reboot with Leslie Jones and my favorite part is how she says “Supermarket Sweeeeeeeppppppp.” Literally. Watch It. And you’ll find out quickly what I’m talking about.
- The people in my life are the ones that keep me going with my Mr. Sunshine personality that I wear with pride and try to execute each day I wake up and live.
Well, folks! That is all the hodge podge grab bag of fun facts I have for you this week!
I sincerely hope that you will come back next week and the week after for even more positive energy and sunshine because Lord knows we need it!
Sprinkle sunshine always,