Well, hey there folks!
It looks like we have reached yet another Monday in the month of September!
And what beautiful Fall weather Mother Nature decided to throw our way recently.
I hope all of you had the opportunity to enjoy some of it.
Or at least had the opportunity to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte.
Or anything pumpkin.
Because pumpkin is EVERYWHERE.
Also, while we are on the subject of pumpkin, Christmas is 90 days away.
I just Googled that.
Which means I needed to start shopping like yesterday.
Anyhoo, I digress.
Let’s get to this week’s post!
Something that I hope all of you will say yes to reading.
See what I did there?!
I know. I know. I’m so clever.
And that segues perfectly into this week’s topic.
Anyone out there have as much trouble as I do with the following phrase.
I can’t be the only one who struggles with this.
Please, please, please…raise your hands with me.
I feel like this is always something that I’ve struggled with–quite honestly, probably since coming out of my mother’s womb.
And quite honestly, it is something that I continue to struggle with.
This whole weekend I thought about it.
Well to be 78950% honest, I’ve been thinking about how bad I am at saying no and where in life that I need to learn how to say it.
And in addition to this, I also want to figure out things I need to say yes to as well.
But let’s focus on the no for now.
In the next week, here are 10 things that I want to say “no” to!
1. Going to bed after midnight.
2. Eating junk food after 10pm.
3. Drinking caffeinated soda after 10pm.
4. Cursing when I get frustrated and letting negative emotions get the best of me.
5. Going more than 10mph over the speed limit.
6. Not feeling guilty for wanting to say no to something or someone.
7. Getting addicted to social media and continuously scrolling right before sleepy time.
8. Spending money on things that are not necessary in life.
9. Staying off my phone when I’m in the presence of hanging out with friends.
10. Alcohol on weeknights.
On the flip side, here are 10 things I want to say “yes” to in the coming week!
1. Setting aside time for Christmas Eve planning.
2. Inviting friends and family to get tickets for Something Rotten at EPAC.
3. Paying for the person behind me in the drive-thru.
4. Sharing a positive comment with at least 3 people in my life on the daily.
5. More self-love and appreciation.
6. Scheduling some additional PTO before end of year.
7. More sleepovers at my childhood home with my parents.
8. More Disney movie watching.
9. More reading before bed.
10. Writing letters to encourage donations toward my fundraising efforts.
There you have it.
Two simple words that can have lots of meaning in our lives.
Take a moment.
Start figuring out where in your lfie you need to say “no” and what in you life can continue to still get the “yes.”
Sprinkle sunshine always,